SWORD (Word Processor)
Sword is a word processor and page layout application primarily designed for creating training materials. I wrote Sword (short for Stephens' Word Processor) while working at NeXT to use when creating training materials.
Users of Sword can:
- Import Postscript documents, creating multiple pages from a single file (this technique was designed for importing training slides into a training manual, 1 or 2 slides per page.)
- Copy, Paste and Edit text
- Inspect graphics and alter their attributes, including rotating, resizing and adding a border
- Print or save the final output
- Define page numbers using a powerful page numbering inspector that supports numeric, alphabetic and roman numerals
- Check spelling, find and replace text.
Sword runs on the NEXTSTEP platform.
Sword demonstrates an interesting information dialog that uses screen capture techniques to create a non-rectangular window. This window appears to float about the screen.