HTTPS, sasbury.com and GitHub Pages
I have let this site languish a bit too long. As I started to poke around again I realized that the original site is on a host that doesn't make it easy to support HTTPS. In fact they charge extra to use a shared cert and even more to use your own. So I looked around and decided that at least for now I am going to host the site at GitHub Pages. This turned out to be a super simple transition and makes the build process even easier. All of the FTP code in my builder script can now be removed and I just use a git push to update the site.
On top of that, I have free HTTPS. All in all a good compromise I think.
So, if anyone is reading this, at least for now the official URL is https://sasbury.github.io, which I redirect to from http://www.sasbury.com.