Python and Google Drive
I ran into a little issue today on my mac. I was trying to run python with a virtual environment. I have started keeping my work virtual environments on my Google Drive. But when I tried to run
pip from my virtualenv, it failed with a "no such file or folder" error.
Turns out the problem was the space in the default Google Drive folder.
To fix this:
- Quit the google drive app.
- Rename the folder from Google Drive to GoogleDrive, no space.
- Restart the google drive app.
- Click on the error in the google drive menu and selected 'Locate Folder'.
- Point google drive to my new folder.
After that, everything should work like a champ.